Re: Evidence of Significance of Semantic Web for Life Sciences - a couple of more examples

From: Mark <markw@illuminae.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 19:50:28 -0800
To: "Amit Sheth" <amit.sheth@wright.edu>, public-semweb-lifesci <public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>, "Robert Stanley" <rstanley@io-informatics.com>
Cc: "Luciano, Joanne Sylvia" <jluciano@cs.rpi.edu>

> In case you hadn't seen it already (I hope I didn't already send this!):

and I hope that Alice and I will soon be able to demonstrate wet-lab proof
of an interaction that I found using the IO Informatics Sentient Explorer,
after formatting the data using SW standards (so that I could dynamically
pull-in other arbitrary data from other SW sources and explore it
"manually" using biological common-sense).

Alice is guessing that we'll have confirmation of the observation in the
next couple of months :-)  Fingers crossed!!

Mark

--
Dr. Mark Wilkinson
Associate Professor, Medical Genetics