Re: seeks input on Study Data Exchange Standards

Hi Charlie, Kerstin & All,

This may be somewhat out of left field, but you may be interested in
evaluating a very high level of semantics for the exchange of data.

The approach is called "Executable English", and it attaches very slightly
formalized, *open *vocabulary English sentences to tables of data, so that
we know (and the machine knows) what the tables are supposed to mean in the
real world.

One also optionally attaches writes, again in open vocabulary English, that
say how the data tables can be meaningfully combined.  The rules document
knowledge about the data, and can also be run as a Q/A application, with
English explanations of the results.

Here is an example that you can view , run and edit in a browser:

    www.reengineeringllc.com/demo_agents/MedMine2.agent

(Scroll down past the rules to see some labeled tables.)

Apologies if you have seen this before, and thanks for comments.

                                                    -- Adrian

Internet Business Logic
A Wiki and SOA Endpoint for Executable Open Vocabulary English Q/A over SQL
and RDF
Online at www.reengineeringllc.com
Shared use is free, and there are no advertisements

Adrian Walker
Reengineering
Phone: USA 860 830 2085