W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org > June 2011

Re: HCLS chartering/next steps Thur 16 June

From: David Booth <david@dbooth.org>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 11:44:36 -0400
To: Eric Prud'hommeaux <eric@w3.org>
Cc: public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org
Message-ID: <1308239076.2165.47373.camel@dbooth-laptop>
Thanks to Bob Powers for scribing again!  Draft minutes are at:
http://www.w3.org/2011/06/16-hcls-minutes.html
and below in plain text.

---------------------------------------------------

[1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                                 HCLS

16 Jun 2011

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2011/06/16-hcls-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Michel_Dumontier, Iker, Dave_Hau, EricP, Bob_Powers,
          +1.617.324.aaaa, DBooth, +1.301.443.aabb

   Regrets
   Chair
          EricP

   Scribe
          BobP

Contents

     * [3]Topics
     * [4]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________

   <ericP> [5]http://www.w3.org/2011/05/HCLSIGCharter-proposal

      [5] http://www.w3.org/2011/05/HCLSIGCharter-proposal

   scribenick BobP

   ericP: Brag sheet for TMO, or high level use cases. What is the next
   doc to write?

   <iker> me neither

   ericP: humm,,,

   <dbooth> I think stepping through would make sense

   Heard from Michel and Scott.

   <dbooth> I think reviewing the documents would make sense.

   scribe: presented at the meeting in London. Protocol-driven research
   ... modify the standard to fit to the BRIDG model

   ericP: Liason to them? for charter

   FDA in long term needs to expand regulatory, semantics, etc

   ericP: Two diff communities for similar stuff.

   Onts. cover tissue, main touch points to bridg, biobanking

   ericP: Experiments need to capture context; touches on Pfizer,
   Pistoia want to do
   ... having worked out onts, given schema for graph struct, ont for
   grounding
   ... then intersection between bridg and lsdam

   HCLS work shines; collaboration could bring strengths to table

   scribe: harmonize to one project, maybe

   ericP: Give us use cases

   Harmonizes to HL7 RIM modeling; possibly FDA, could contribute to
   effort

   Michel: Was invited w Scott, Alan Ruttenberg
   ... not clear what the mandate was. Ended up disseminating to WGs
   ... WGs on imaging, provenance; I went to WG on patient care
   ... snomed, etc; They don't yet grok semweb. Explained for vocab
   managment, integration
   ... some nice work, to mark up notes w bioPortal vocab; pile of
   codes for visits
   ... can do longitudinal with that.
   ... also tried to get patient record data, but couldn't quite
   ... see HCLS as a potential partner; need to visibly engage these
   groups and work w them

   ericP: Targets?

   Michel: Have a diversity of interests; can help them develop.
   Interested in SADI etc
   ... linked data projects, don't quite understand the governance,
   lack of support, etc
   ... some things that we need to work out to ensure the confidence in
   our product

   ericP: Produce less LOD, but better life cycle?

   Michel: Perhaps. Notes on how to accomplish these tasks; we still
   should describe how to use tech

   ericP: Matthais is excited w clincical decision support

   Michel: Meeting kept pushing on how it helps patient care; tech
   details
   ... we have tech, not applying correctly?
   ... patientsLikeMe, how can we make it better for patients, as
   opposed to for doctors

   ericP: Doctor work will help patients; but patient appeal would be
   tools that allow them to explore their disease
   ... most immediate case for patient would be <disease-centric?>
   ... also patient registries would allow them to contribute to
   massive data

   Michel: Need to address improved care rather than research
   ... patients are very active. Agree that marketplace over patient
   data would be valuable
   ... but not clear to me that beyond condition, treatment, outcome
   would be interesting
   ... but - are interested in clinical trials.

   ONC is started to employ, >2015

   ericP: Chartering. Thx to Dave and Michel.

   <Zakim> dbooth, you wanted to comment on use cases document:
   [6]http://www.w3.org/wiki/HCLSIG/HighLevelUseCases

      [6] http://www.w3.org/wiki/HCLSIG/HighLevelUseCases

   dbooth: Want to comment on use cases

   <dbooth> Personalized medicine

   dbooth: two other things to include:
   ... somewhat related to section on data ownership. Important
   potential here.

   <dbooth> Healthcare quality measurement

   dbooth: partially mentioned in pharmaco-vigilance
   ... would like to see HC quality measurement in title

   ericP: Same data, same mechanism; however the way we talk is
   different when talk to different communities

   <DaveHauNCI> Report on Learning Healthcare System (Institute of
   Medicine):
   [7]http://www.iom.edu/Reports/2011/Digital-Infrastructure-for-a-Lear
   ning-Health-System.aspx

      [7] http://www.iom.edu/Reports/2011/Digital-Infrastructure-for-a-Learning-Health-System.aspx

   <DaveHauNCI> ONC slide deck on Learning Healthcare System:
   [8]http://www.iom.edu/~/media/Files/Activity%20Files/Quality/VSRT/Di
   gital%20Infrastructure%20Release/Charles%20Friedman.pdf

      [8] http://www.iom.edu/~/media/Files/Activity%20Files/Quality/VSRT/Digital%20Infrastructure%20Release/Charles%20Friedman.pdf

   dbooth: Research and bedside have different liability profiles

   ericP: Next steps on charter. Couple of months extension; draft is
   pretty there
   ... is it optimal? Expect to get warm-fuzzy soon
   ... opportunity for outreach: brag-sheets for translational and
   high-level use cases
   ... give us the necessary text for customers, outreach material more
   important than charter

   Michel: Will comment on docs

   <dbooth> ADJOURNED

Summary of Action Items

   [End of minutes]
     _________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [9]scribe.perl version 1.136
    ([10]CVS log)
    $Date: 2011/06/16 15:43:02 $
     _________________________________________________________

      [9] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [10] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

   [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.136  of Date: 2011/05/12 12:01:43
Check for newer version at [11]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002
/scribe/

     [11] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

No ScribeNick specified.  Guessing ScribeNick: BobP
Inferring Scribes: BobP

WARNING: No "Topic:" lines found.

Default Present: Bob_Powers, +1.617.324.aaaa, DBooth, +1.301.443.aabb
Present: Michel_Dumontier Iker Dave_Hau EricP Bob_Powers +1.617.324.aaa
a DBooth +1.301.443.aabb
Got date from IRC log name: 16 Jun 2011
Guessing minutes URL: [12]http://www.w3.org/2011/06/16-hcls-minutes.htm
l
People with action items:

     [12] http://www.w3.org/2011/06/16-hcls-minutes.html

WARNING: No "Topic: ..." lines found!
Resulting HTML may have an empty (invalid) <ol>...</ol>.

Explanation: "Topic: ..." lines are used to indicate the start of
new discussion topics or agenda items, such as:
<dbooth> Topic: Review of Amy's report


   End of [13]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

     [13] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm


-- 
David Booth, Ph.D.
http://dbooth.org/

Opinions expressed herein are those of the author and do not necessarily
reflect those of his employer.
Received on Thursday, 16 June 2011 15:45:12 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 7 January 2015 14:52:47 UTC