From: M. Scott Marshall <mscottmarshall@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 10:52:19 +0100
To: HCLS <public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>

Submission deadline for poster abstract: Mon, 5th March 2011

Workshop date: 16th March 2011, 14h00 GMT - 18th March 2011, 16h00
place: EBI, Hinxton, near Cambridge, UK
registration is open till 6th March: www.calbc.eu -> upper red box or follow
"Workshop II"
--- Sorry for cross posting ---

Dear list members,

as we already published in this list, the CALBC project partners are right
now preparing the second CALBC workshop (16/17/18 March, EBI, Hinxton,

The first 2 days of the workshop will give an overview on the outcomes of
the project. On day 3 (Friday, 18th March) the participants will have the
opportunity to discuss a number of innovative questions.
For example:
-       Does the CALBC approach scale in such a way that all scientific
publications in the biomedical domain would be annotated with automatic
means in the future?
-       Is the integration of different semantic types in the same corpus
-       Which use cases from involving Semantic Web technology would profit
from the integration of the scientific literature?
-       Can we tackle the problem of multi-linguality with the CALBC
-       What other data resources apart from the scientific biomedical
literature should be annotated with the CALBC approach?
-       Interoperability and normalisation of semantic resources

If you are working in any research field related to topics like
- corpus generation
- named entity recognition
- named entity normalization
- text mining methods utilizing semantic web techniques etc..,

we would greatly appreciate your poster contribution. Please send in a 1
page poster abstract till 5th March and please do register (www.calbc.eu).
There is no special format necessary for the abstract submission.

If you need any help, send us an email.

Best wishes,
Dietrich & CALBC project partners

Dietrich Rebholz-Schuhmann, MD, PhD - Research Group Leader EBI, Wellcome
Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton CB10 1SD (UK)
support:www.ebi.ac.uk/Rebholz-svr | tm-support@ebi.ac.uk