Re: "molar" for concentration

"Molar solution" is shorthand for 1 Molar solution I would guess.  It's
common to elide items in text/conversation when the missing element is
understood.

If I am walking out the door and say, "Going to the drugstore.", then
clearly, I've omitted the subject, the initial reference to myself, "I".
 It's an example of ellipsis, a common syntactic device, esp. in
conversation.

http://dspace.uta.edu/handle/10106/1192

In Robert Fulghum's book "Uh-Oh", the third sentence is, "And have used it
all our lives."

He also wrote the very popular, "All I really need to know I learned in
Kindergarten".
Quite an interesting fellow,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Fulghum

  - Bob Futrelle