Ontology of Rhetorical Blocks (ORB)

From: Tim Clark <tim_clark@harvard.edu>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 20:04:51 -0400
To: HCLS IG <public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>
Dear Colleagues,

The Scientific Discourse Task in HCLS has developed the attached DRAFT SIG Note regarding our Ontology of Rhetorical Blocks (ORB).  It is attached for your review and comment.

ORB is designed as a simple but useful typology of the sections of a typical biomedical research paper categorized by their rhetorical purpose, i.e. what they set out to discuss.  The purpose of ORB is primarily to enable textminers to better inform their algorithms by providing information about the context.

We would very much appreciate any comments, questions or suggestions.

http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/hcls/notes/orb/

Kind regards,

Tim Clark
HCLS Scientific Discourse Chair

on behalf of the ORB Editors and Contributors

dispose of the e-mail.