blog: semantic dissonance in uniprot

From: M. Scott Marshall <marshall@science.uva.nl>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 18:35:17 +0100
To: W3C HCLSIG hcls <public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>
FYI:
http://i9606.blogspot.com/2009/02/semantic-dissonance-in-uniprot.html

I thought that the above blog entry would interest some of you (it
apparently already has interested a few of you that have added comments
:) ). The blog is from Benjamin Good (from Mark Wilkinson's Lab) and was
referenced during a napkin discussion I had with Marco Roos and Ben
about how one could best refer to a protein in text-mined triples. One
of the best options seemed to be to use a PURL that referred to a record
associated with the protein. Sound familiar? Those of you who have been
with us for more than a year will think so. See http://sharednames.org
for an attempt to approach the issue.

-Scott