My apologies for Thursday

From: Marco Roos <M.Roos1@uva.nl>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2009 14:48:15 +0100
To: W3C HCLSIG hcls <public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>

Dear coleague,

First, a happy new year to you!

Unfortunately, Thursday's telcon coincides exactly with another telcon
by the UK e-Science All Hands Meeting Foundation. I joined this
foundation last year. These telcons are less frequent, so I decided to
join that. The foundation organises the annual UK e-Science All Hands
Meeting, next one in December.

Speaking of this AHM telcon, if you have suggestions for the All Hands
Meeting, I would be pleased to bring them forward at the meeting. Apart
from the planning of the upcoming meetings (December 2009, September
2010), funding/sponsorship, evolution of the role and format of AHM, and
industry engagement are on the agenda.

Some more background:
The AHM has a distinguishing focus on providing an opportunity for
practitioners and developers of e-Science to meet and talk, apart from
traditional presentations and demonstrations. As far as I know, it was
originally born out of the large UK e-Science initiative a couple of
years ago. The meeting is also very international. I have been asked to
join the foundation to help increase the cross-disciplinary character of
the meeting and its international outreach.

Again, my apologies and thanks for suggestions,

Marco Roos
Faculty of Science
University of Amsterdam
Kruislaan 403, room F1.02