Re: Is there an NCBI taxonomy in OWL ?

Hi, I didn't yet try to read it, but I'm not that worried about its
size. I was just wondering that these ontologies representation files
are extremely redundant, so compression would be a natural choice for
their transfer.
Although it is more of a perspective thinking, I don't think this is a
big issue at the moment.

I guess extensional subsets are pretty natural in an taxonomy. Is the
problem only the definition of the subsets of interest, or is there
something more that I'm missing ?

ciao,
Andrea