Re: Health Care and Life Sciences SemanticWb on iPhone and iPod touch

Donald Doherty wrote:
> Scott Marshall suggested that people on the HCLS list would have fun
> with my SemanticWb iPhone and iPod touch app (www.actionpotential.com).
>
> It's one of many technologies I play around with to test the potential
> (and current limits) of the Semantic Web and Semantic Web technologies
> (for instance, see my site using MIT Simile technology at
> www.historicshadyside.org).
>
> Currently SemanticWb is using Bio2RDF endpoints. I'm working to make
> it possible for the user to select from a number of SPARQL endpoints
> but it's unfortunately non-trivial.
>
> Enjoy! And I'll be happy to talk about lessons learned.
>
> Donald Doherty, Ph.D.
> donald.doherty@actionpotential.com

Donald,

Note, we now have GeoSpatial extensions for SPARQL i.e., SPARQL-GEO.

Use our instance at: http://lod.openlinksw.com/sparql or
http://lod.openlinksw.com/isparql (*note this instance is a little
volatile due to some ongoing maintenance*).

Simple example:

###Stuff around Notre Dame de Paris
PREFIX lgv: <http://linkedgeodata.org/vocabulary#>
SELECT ?s ?cn ?lat ?long
WHERE {
       ?s lgv:name ?cn  .
       ?s geo:geometry ?geo .
       ?s geo:lat ?lat.
       ?s geo:long ?long.
       filter (bif:st_intersects (?geo, bif:st_point (2.3498, 48.853),
0.3)) }
LIMIT 20

More intricate example:
## describe churches within 5 km of Paris that have Cafes in close
proximity(0.2 km)
PREFIX lgv: <http://linkedgeodata.org/vocabulary#>
describe ?cafe ?church
WHERE { ?church a lgv:place_of_worship .
        ?church geo:geometry ?churchgeo .
        ?church lgv:name ?churchname .
        ?cafe a lgv:cafe .
        ?cafe lgv:name ?cafename .
        ?cafe geo:geometry ?cafegeo .
        ?cafe geo:lat ?lat.
        ?cafe geo:long ?long.

FILTER (bif:st_intersects (?churchgeo, bif:st_point (2.3498, 48.853), 5) &&
        bif:st_intersects (?cafegeo, ?churchgeo, 0.2)) }
LIMIT 100

Links:

1.
http://www.openlinksw.com/dataspace/oerling/weblog/Orri%20Erling%27s%20Blog/1587