[biordf] DBpedia-OBO mapping, additions to HCLS KB

From: Matthias Samwald <samwald@gmx.at>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 13:06:11 +0200
To: "public-semweb-lifesci" <public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>
__ DBpedia - OBO mapping __

I have created a script that generates a mapping between OBO ontologies and
DBpedia, based on cross-references to Wikipedia contained in some OBO
ontologies. This amounts to a meager ~430 mapping relations. Wikipedia
references do not seem to be that popular in OBO ontologies after all.

Further information, script and mapping file are available at:
http://esw.w3.org/topic/HCLSIG_BioRDF_Subgroup/DBpedia_to_OBO_mapping

Further OBO - DBpedia mappings will be based on NLP.

__ Additions to HCLS knowledge base __

I have also added two new graphs to the DERI HCLS knowledge base. One
contains the OBO-DBpedia mapping described above, the other contains the
RDFa statements from the aTags pastebin, this graph is updated from the
changing source document periodically.

See
http://esw.w3.org/topic/HCLSIG_BioRDF_Subgroup/DERI_HCLS_KB

The synchronisation with the aTags pastebin is accomplished with the crawler
feature [1] of Virtuoso. It periodically visits the HTML page, reads the
RDFa and updates the graph in the knowledge base. I guess we could extend
the use of this feature to other datasets generated by HCLS IG participants
and make updating the HCLS knowledge base more dynamic than it currently is.

[1]
http://docs.openlinksw.com/virtuoso/rdfinsertmethods.html#rdfinsertmethodvirtuosocrawler

Cheers,
Matthias Samwald

DERI Galway, Ireland
http://deri.ie/

Konrad Lorenz Institute for Evolution & Cognition Research, Austria
http://kli.ac.at/