RE: Vispedia: Interactive Visual Exploration of Wikipedia Data via Search-Based Integration

Eric,

FWIW, I noticed that Vispedia has a export to JSON to me that implies
that data from wiki/DBpedia can be exported and then included into
Exhibit mashups.  Is that correct?

Joanne

public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org
> [...]
Data
>via Search-Based Integration
>
>Hi Eric,
>
>My personal view is that Exhibit and Vispedia share some common
>functionalities including map drawing and data plot generation. Both
are
>of Web 2.0 style. One main difference I think is that Exhibit is a
>standalone Web application, while Vispedia is tightly coupled with
>Wikipedia/DBPedia. An interesting comparison would be performance when
>data tables become large and complex.
>
>Hope it helps,
>
>-Kei
>
>eric neumann wrote:
>> Interesting tool to view of data-- curious how it would compare to
>> Simile's Exhibit, which works with both json and RDF... any takers?
>>
>> Eric
>>
>> On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 10:05 AM, Luciano, Joanne S.
>> <jluciano@mitre.org <mailto:jluciano@mitre.org>> wrote:
>>
>>     This is the Wikipedia data:
>>
>>     Age     Incidence
>>            (new affected)
>>            per thousand
>>            person–years
>>     65–69    3
>>     70–74    6
>>     75–79    9
>>     80–84   23
>>     85–89   40
>>     90–             69
>>
>>     This is the Vispedia output.  I haven't had time to retrace the
>>     construction ... or to try it myself, but there appears to be a
>>     discrepancy.
>>
>>     This may be a browser issue too, I'm in Firefox.
>>
>>     What's coming out is a plot with (x,y) as follows:
>>
>>     (3,3)
>>     (6, 6)
>>     (9,9)
>>     (23,23)
>>     (40,40)
>>
>>     Here's a paste:
>>     [ Age ]

>>     [ Incidence (new affected) per thousand personâ€ÂÂ"years
]
>>     Age: 65–69 → Age: 0 → Incidence (new affected) per thousand
>>     person–years: 3.03.0
>>
>>     Incidence (new affected) per thousand person–years: 3.03.0
>>     Age: 70–74 → Age: 1 → Incidence (new affected) per thousand
>>     person–years: 6.06.0
>>
>>     Incidence (new affected) per thousand person–years: 6.06.0
>>     Age: 75–79 → Age: 2 → Incidence (new affected) per thousand
>>     person–years: 9.09.0
>>
>>     Incidence (new affected) per thousand person–years: 9.09.0
>>     Age: 80–84 → Age: 3 → Incidence (new affected) per thousand
>>     person–years: 23.023.0
>>
>>     Incidence (new affected) per thousand person–years: 23.023.0
>>     Age: 85–89 → Age: 4 → Incidence (new affected) per thousand
>>     person–years: 40.040.0
>>
>>     Incidence (new affected) per thousand person–years: 40.040.0
>>     Age: 90– → Age: 5 → Incidence (new affected) per thousand
>>     person–years:
>>     69.069.0
>>
>>     Sorry I wasn't able to take the time to provide more answers

Behalf

&
>>     f1
>>
><http://vispedia.stanford.edu/vis/353/Scatterplot#/?cp0=0&f0=Age&cp1=0

&f
>1>
>>
>>=Incidence%20(new%20affected)%20%20per%20thousand%20%20person%C3%A2%C
2
>>     %8
>>     >0%C2%93years&cp2=0&f2=&cp3=0&f3=&cp4=0&f4=
>>     >
>>     >Cheers,
>>     >
>>     >-Kei
>>     >
>>     >Maged N.K. Boulos wrote:
>>     >
>>     >> Given the recent interests of some members of this list in
Wiki