Re: 'Gene WIki' announced

Actually, they do mention http://www.wikiprofessional.org/portal/ as a
note added in proof, and I think the main point of their paper was the
ability to make use of the large, already existing community that
edits Wikipedia, rather than, say, create a new domain-specific Wiki
with a much smaller pool of potential editors. It's fundamentally
about the long tail, and how to exploit it.

Regards

Rod

On 10 Jul 2008, at 17:07, Matthias Samwald wrote:

> There are existing Wikis with RDF/OWL integration for the exact use
> case described in that paper.
>
> For example:
> WikiProteins
> http://genomebiology.com/2008/9/5/R89
> http://www.wikiprofessional.org/portal/
>
> BOWiki
> http://bowiki.net/wiki/index.php/Main_page
>
> It is quite amazing that Huss et al. failed to mention these
> existing resources in their paper.
>
> Matthias Samwald
> DERI Galway, Ireland // Semantic Web Company, Austria
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Dan Brickley" <danbri@danbri.org>

Roderic Page
Professor of Taxonomy
DEEB, FBLS