Towards a cyberinfrastructure for the biological sciences: progress, visions and challenges

From: Duncan Hull <duncan.hull@cs.man.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 14:52:27 +0100
Cc: Matthias Samwald <samwald@gmx.at>, public-semweb-lifesci <public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>, Euan Adie <e.adie@nature.com>
To: Kei Cheung <kei.cheung@yale.edu>

Hello Kei

Glad you liked the article.

On 20 Aug 2008, at 14:27, Kei Cheung wrote:
>> "To my knowledge, there is currently only one project that aims to
>> bring the pure semantic web to biomedical research. That project
>> is the Simple Semantic Web Architecture and Protocol (SSWAP30)"
>> It's nice that Nature allows the community to add descriptions
>> about our various projects on the wiki page associated with the
>> article [2]; unfortunately, though, most readers of the original
>> article will probably not have a look at that wiki.
> Nature seems to allow one to write correspondence (1 page) to
> comment about matters arising from research papers. See:
> http://www.nature.com/ng/pdf/gta.pdf

I think in this case, this is what the wiki is for. So if Lincoln
Stein has not told the full story, people could try adding the
appropriate details to http://nrgwiki.nature.com/

I see Susanna and Eric Jain have already contributed

Also, if anyone is having trouble accessing the original article at
http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/nrg2414 , as a "featured article" it should
be available free (for the first month only), provided you sign in at

Some discussion on this over at Nature Network too