RE: Last Year's URI Discussion

From: Eric Neumann <eneumann@teranode.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 11:12:09 -0400
To: "Susie M Stephens" <STEPHENS_SUSIE_M@LILLY.COM>, public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org

I have been traveling a bit, and apologize that I have been slow to getting the notes from the Banff f2f discussion on URI's onto our site, but here's a synopsis for now:

- syntax of URI's:    http://auth.org/db/id , http://purl.org/auth/db/id ,  http://myorg.org?urn:lsid:auth:db:id

- who should have authority for a given set of URI's?

- explicit contracts of what is constant in a resolvable URI per specific-URI, and what can change over time, e.g., annotations, resource links

- how to retrieve additional formats from a resolvable URI

Eric