Re: Rules (was Re: Ambiguous names. was: Re: URL +1, LSID -1)

On Jul 18, 2007, at 6:02 AM, Xiaoshu Wang wrote:

> But please note, just because "http://purl.uniprot.org/core/
> Protein" contains the string "Protein" does not make it the
> identifier for *Protein*, unless everyone else agrees to it

I wouldn't have thought that http://purl.uniprot.org/core/Protein was
even in the running for this - it seems to describe a record. For
example it has a property called "replaces" which is defined as "A
resource that is replaced by this resource."

I don't think this was intended to mean that some instance of a
protein is to be replaced in some way with some other instance of a
protein.

-Alan