Re: Ambiguous names. was: Re: URL +1, LSID -1

Matthias Samwald wrote:
> Well, they might talk like database entries and physical objects would
> be the same, but this is not what they *think*. With the Semantic Web /
> ontologies we want to capture the semantics and the actual thinking, not
> the linguistic / textual surface representations.

http://purl.uniprot.org/uniprot/P12345 does not represent any physical
object, but it is a useful generalization of certain physical objects that
you might find. It's an artificial construct, which is why having a
separate concept for a corresponding "database record" seems like overkill?