Re: BioPortal

Hi Trish,

You can contact me regarding questions about this.
BioPortal provides an ontology library containing the different
release versions of ontologies, as submitted to us by the content
owners, but is not a content management system such as cvs. Different
ontology developers will use their preferred local systems to keep
alpha versions of their ontologies, and submit the release versions
to BioPortal. We are also working on a mechanism to pull current
versions of ontologies from the source systems, and we'd be
interested in exploring doing this for your ontologies as well.
We will be adding ontology diff, supported through PROMPT.

We can identify deprecated terms, and this service is provided by LexGrid.

Thanks
Daniel