Re: HCLS Demo at ISMB/ECCB, How to contribute to the demo?

Eric Neumann wrote:

> I'll also add that there were many (young) researchers wanting to get
> involved in Semantic Web activities. I strongly encouraged them to
> participate with HCLSIG and pointed them to our pages and mailing list.

Hi all,

I'd like as well make my congratulations to Eric for his presentation. I
am one of those who expressed interest in collaboration.

Eric, during his presentation briefly mentioned that it should be
relatively easy to "cook" some data one may have available in non-RDF
format, so that they may be integrated in the demo. My idea is to
experiment the export of gene expression data available in public
repositories (mainly ArrayExpress). At the moment I am trying to review
ISMB materials and I wonder if there are pointers, on the wiki or
somewhere else, about this point. Something like a brief tutorial, that
  could guide me from choosing proper ontologies which are already used
by the demo, to using the technology the demo is using too, to getting
some simple result.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Marco Brandizi <brandizi@ebi.ac.uk>

NET Project - Software Engineer