Re: OWL vs RDF

From: Alan Ruttenberg <alanruttenberg@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 17:29:21 -0400
Cc: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>, Adrian Walker <adriandwalker@gmail.com>, Kerstin.L.Forsberg@astrazeneca.com, public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org
To: Jim Hendler <hendler@cs.umd.edu>

Well it would be educational to get your view on what you can you do
with owl without a reasoner that's not easier to do without owl?

And how are you to know when you do need the reasoner and when you
don't?

I know the other way around, things that are possible to do with an
OWL reasoner that are hard to do with anything else. I've been
advocating using OWL because of these sorts of things...

-Alan