Re: FYI - Support for OWL 1.1 in OWL tools....

Many thanks for the "heads up", Bijan.

Many thanks too for this note, Joanne.

This is exactly the point I was trying to get across.  We on the
HCLSIG need to be alert to what is happening here and to vet the new
OWL 1.1 additions in the context of what we collectively recognize as
HCLSIG requirements.  We must also provide our feedback, as Holger
and others pointed out as well.

I would also add once again that the OWL-ED 2006 paper from presented
< 2 weeks ago by Matthew Horridge and Dmitry Tsarkov - "Supporting
Early Adoption of OWL 1.1 with Protege-OWL and FaCT++" (http://owl-
workshop.man.ac.uk/acceptedLong/submission_15.pdf) gives a
wonderfully constructed explanation for how and why the OWL 1.1
features have been integrated into ProtegeOWL v4a and FaCT++.

Cheers,
Bill

On Nov 22, 2006, at 2:07 PM, Bijan Parsia wrote:

> On Nov 22, 2006, at 5:09 PM, Joanne Luciano wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I was asked on the Nov 13th conference call to mention that early
>> versions of some of our favorite tools are available that include
>> support for OWL 1.1 (http://owl1_1.cs.manchester.ac.uk/):
>>
>> Here are the tools and links:
>>
>> Protege4Alpaha 		http://protege.stanford.edu/download/prerelease-
>> alpha/prototype.html
>> FaCT++				http://owl.man.ac.uk/factplusplus
>> Pellet  &  SWOOP 	http://pellet.owldl.com/#Download
>
> The swoop support is uber preliminary...you can't write out
> ontologies yet and it breaks things (sigh).
>
> You can, however, load 1.1 ontologies such as:
> 	http://www.owldl.com/ontologies/family.owl
>
> And reason with them. And even edit them a bit if you don't mind
> not saving :)
>
> Cheers,
> Bijan

Bill Bug