Gene Ontology

From: Asad Bajwa <asad.bajwa@gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 11:25:49 +0100
To: public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org

Dear Group,

Today i have a question regarding the Gene Ontology. It was originally
build on the OBO format. Well i want to find out the most i can about
the gene ontology. but my interests are in using the OWL Format. I
don't know how "good" this owl file is, because it is generated
automatically form the OBO format. So is there anyone having
experience with the Gene Ontology and maybe advising me on that. The
second point is, that the OWL File is about 10 MB. I did not test,
trying to load it into my memory. As i know there are about 45.000
label declared in this ontology.

Well i am thinking about building a search agent by using this
ontology. Before i need to start, i would like to know if someone is
working with it.

Thanks in advance

Kind Regards

Asad Bajwa