Re: OWL without RDF

From: Holger Knublauch <holger@topquadrant.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 11:33:54 -0800
CC: systemsbiology hcls <public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>

> However, I'd point out, in the last document, where they describe a
> mapping of OWL 1.1 to RDF, they make the following caveat:
>
> Not every OWL 1.1 ontology can be serialized in RDF. In particular,
> ontologies using the following features of OWL 1.1 cannot be serialized:
>
>    1. punning and
>    2. annotations on axioms.

Please see a recent thread on the public-owl-dev mailing list about
this:
http://www.nabble.com/Limitations-of-OWL-1.1-to-RDF-mapping-tf2639224.html

Bijan states:
"The RDF mapping has lagged behind the others, but the plan is to
extend the mapping to cover these cases."

Holger
TopQuadrant, Inc.
http://www.topbraidcomposer.com
http://composing-the-semantic-web.blogspot.com/