Re: Task proposal: Distributed self-publishing of experiments

From: Larry Hunter <Larry.Hunter@uchsc.edu>
Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 13:14:36 -0600
To: Eric Neumann <eneumann@teranode.com>
Cc: w3c semweb hcls <public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>

On Tue, 2006-05-09 at 14:53 -0400, Eric Neumann wrote:

> I seem to remember at an Ontology panel at ISMB last year in Detroit
> you were advocating the Anarchists approach to ontologies.... ; )

You misremember!  I started off by saying how this was going to be the
first time in my entire life that I was going to take the conservative
side of anything.

Actually, I advocated a democratic process with a central body to ensure
fairness and good communication, which is pretty much what we ended up
getting with the NCBC.  Not that I had anything to do with that specific
outcome, but I do think it is a very important one to support.

Larry