Re: [BiONT][BioRDF] Mussels

Hi Steve

What's the advantage in using a wikispecies URI over an NCBI Taxon ID?

Of course with the taxon ID we would need a conversion of the NCBI
taxonomy to OWL classes, which is fairly trivial, and there a number
of such conversions around (and ideally there would be some kind of
ontology lifecycle management involved, since species taxonomies are
not stable)

Also this doesn't seem to solve the problem that Alan wanted to refer
to a type that is more specific than Bivalvia, but more general than
any one taxonomic subclass.

I favour Alan's solution, which is for him to make his own Mussel
owl:class, either a stable class or an rdf bnode, and then to
associate with that class either necessary or preferably necessary
and sufficient conditions, using stable taxon IDs (and possibly other
resources) then let the reasoners take care of figuring out
equivalence or subsumption if queried via these taxon IDs.