RE: Semantic content negotiation (was Re: expectations of vocabulary)

From: Xiaoshu Wang <wangxiao@musc.edu>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 12:45:53 -0400
To: "'Miller, Michael D \(Rosetta\)'" <Michael_Miller@Rosettabio.com>, <public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>, "'Semantic Web'" <semantic-web@w3.org>

--Michael,

> There seems lately in these discussions to be an emphasis on
> making the semantic web useable for the 5% who care about
> transitive closure and for perfect modularity.

Point well taken. :-) But it is a chicken and egg thing, don't you think?
But if ontology is not designed right, it cannot be used right either, don't
you think?

By no means am I only interested in these fundamental issues.  Actually all
these thinking on the fundamental issues comes from the practical issues
that I have encountered.

Xiaoshu