Success stories?

From: Joanne Luciano <jluciano@predmed.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 11:42:14 -0400
Cc: Joanne Luciano <jluciano@predmed.com>
To: W3C HCLSIG <public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone out there have (yet) a success story they can point me to
or tell me about where there's been a "ROI" return using RDF/
OWLSemantic Technologies have had a bit of a cult following in life
sciences for a while, and one can find the occasional success story
(like the ones that the folks from SemantxLS like to tell) about how
semantic technologies have had genuine impact in some life sciences
project.

In the case of the W3C semantic web standards, we have seen demos
like BioDASH and <fill in the name of the thing you did with Oracle
and Siderean>, which show considerable promise and get the attention
of a lot of people in life sciences. But as far as I know, these are
still just in the demo stages; nobody has actually deployed these in
a meaningful way.

Are there any actually deployed success stories of RDF or OWL?  What
areas have turned out to be the most fruitful?

Would it be useful to put a list of these on the wiki?

Joanne