Re: XML vs. RDF

From: John Barkley <jbarkley@nist.gov>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 07:52:43 -0400
To: <public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>
Cc: <jbarkley@nist.gov>
On the BIONT call last Tuesday (July 11), we discussed some of the points
that Bill made in his email on XML vs. RDF. Based on a suggestion by Alan to
dig deeper into this question, we discussed the idea of using short examples
to illustrate the technical differences between XML vs. RDF.

For my colleagues, I created a simple example that I thought I would share
(attached) illustrating the difference between XML and RDF with respect to
the automated validation of semantic consistency.

jb