Re: [HCLSIG] homologs for yeast proteins?

Joanne,

If you're interested in doing this query manually you can use Entrez Gene (
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?CMD=search&DB=gene), something
like:

mitochondrial [go] AND signaling [go] AND pathway [go]

What I _don't_ know is whether you're querying with any child terms as well,
presumably you want to find genes with the children assigned to them.

As you know Entrez Gene assigns ontology terms to genes, and all of their
proteins inherit the term, functionally speaking.

You could also do this using Bioperl, if your colleague would like to write
a script.

Brian O.