New participant introduction

From: Glen Newton - NRC/CNRC CISTI/ICIST Research <glen.newton@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 09:57:04 -0500
To: public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org

Hello,

My nane is Glen Newton and I am the acting group leader for CISTI
Research. I am also the (Canada) National Research Council 's W3C AC
representative. While my initial training was in biology, the last 15
years I've done GIS R&D, led Internet development teams, and right now
I am doing R&D in information retrieval / information management /
information science.  My interests in the SemWeb-LifeSci group are in
the use of (mostly biological) Semantic Web information to drive the
extraction of knowledge from bio journals, both for search and for
knowledge discovery.

I have not been able to actively participate in this group until now,
and I will be spending the next week getting up-to-speed, and will
hopefully be able to contribute to the discussion and activities.

Thank-you,

Glen

--

Glen Newton | glen.newton@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca