[HCLSIG] Uniprot RDF data set and benchmarks

Perhaps this item can be a topic of discussion on our next call. Just as
useful would be a published list of  sensible queries that would accompany
this data. A couple of folks on the DAWG might be roped in to advise on
these. We briefly talked about establishing a few basic benchmarks at the
F2F meeting. There were a number of people there who were interested in
having these, so maybe this can be the start. Thanks Eric!

Kindest regards, Sean

--
Sean Martin
IBM Corp

Eric Miller <em@w3.org>
Sent by: public-semweb-lifesci-request@w3.org
02/08/2006 09:08 AM

Eric Jain <Eric.Jain@isb-sib.ch>
cc
Ian Wilson <Ian.Wilson@uchsc.edu>, public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org
Subject
Re: Oracle Uniprot RDF data set and benchmarks

On Feb 8, 2006, at 6:22 AM, Eric Jain wrote:

> Ian Wilson wrote:
>> We will thus want to maintain a local copy of this extract (on the
>> wiki?) so changes in the graph don't change the benchmarking results.
>
> The data in http://www.isb-sib.ch/~ejain/rdf/data/ is indeed
> updated every two weeks, but I could also provide some more stable
> data sets for benchmarking if there is interest, perhaps with 1M,
> 10M and 100M triples?

I think this would be extremely useful for a variety of communities
trying to assess issues of scalability; the more "connected" graphs
subsets for testing, the better.

thanks in advance!

semantic web activity lead               http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/
w3c world wide web consortium            http://www.w3.org/