Re: [HCLSIG] homologs for yeast proteins?

>On Jan 31, 2006, at 5:05 PM, chris mungall wrote:

>>>I started writing a piggy bank [1] scraper using solvent [2] to
>>>make explicit the data thats implied in the HTML tables when I
>>>noticed the XML link [3] at the bottom of the page.
>>
>>surely screen scraping should be a last resort, such as when the
>>underlying database has no APIs or download option
>
>Agreed!
>
>>all the data underlying amigo is available in a number of hopefully
>>more sensible ways. See http://www.godatabase.org/dev
>
>Good to know. Do you think people just "know" the fact that the
>underlying amigo is available? The link is helpful at the bottom of
>the page, but a *consistent* convention this community could adopt
>to clearly associate the data corresponding to the HTML page would
>be extremely valuable.
>
>More specifically, I'd suggest for this page, the following template be used
>
><link rel="meta" type="application/rdf+xml" title="Data for
>GO:0031930"
>href="http://www.godatabase.org/cgi-bin/amigo/go.cgiformat=xml&view=details&search_constraint=terms&depth=0&session_id=412b1138742957&query=GO:0031930"
>/>
>
>and help define such a consistent linking mechanism.

Seems like RDF/A should be relevant here. It will be a draft
recommendation very soon, time to get ahead of the game? See
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/HTML/2005-rdfa-syntax

Pat

IHMC		(850)434 8903 or (650)494 3973   home
40 South Alcaniz St.	(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola			(850)202 4440   fax
FL 32502			(850)291 0667    cell