RE: Size estimates of current LS space (and Introductions)

From: Booth, David (HP Software - Boston) <dbooth@hp.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 16:46:13 -0400
To: "Nigam Shah" <nigam@stanford.edu>, "June Kinoshita" <junekino@media.mit.edu>, "Joanne Luciano" <jluciano@predmed.com>
Cc: "Jeremy Zucker" <zucker@research.dfci.harvard.edu>, "Skinner, Karen ((NIH/NIDA)) [E]" <kskinner@nida.nih.gov>, "Eric Neumann" <eneumann@teranode.com>, "public-semweb-lifesci hcls" <public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>

Wikipedia has clearly been working in the general sciences, though of
course it has its limitations.  (For example, one probably would not use
a wikipedia URL as a concept identifier in a Semantic Web application,
because the definition of a term can change as fast as a user can type
in a browser.)  It will be interesting to see how quickly its gravity
pulls in life sciences terms.

David Booth, Ph.D.
HP Software
dbooth@hp.com