Uniprot RDF in RDF Gateway

From: Geoff Chappell <gchappell@intellidimension.com>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 15:09:50 -0400
To: <public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>

Hi All,

I've done some experiments with Uniprot RDF and RDF Gateway[1] I thought
might be interesting to folks on this list. I've put up a description of
what I've done with some statistics and live example queries at:

	http://labs.intellidimension.com/uniprot/default.rsp

In brief, I loaded ~262 million triples into a single table in RDF Gateway's
native RDF repository. The table fully indexed (including full-text index)
is about 38 GB on disk (27 GB of which is in use).

The page I've linked to includes a number of sample queries against the data
that you can try (and would be happy to add more if anyone has suggestions
about sorts of queries that would be interesting/demonstrative). I also plan
to expose the data through a sparql interface once the sparql spec
stabilizes.

Thanks for any feedback, suggestions, or questions.

Regards,

Geoff Chappell

[1] http://www.intellidimension.com/