introduction for Ron Taylor

Hello folks,

Following up on Banu's Nov 30th email: I am a co-worker of Ms. Gopalan's
at PNNL, working with her as a PI on a closely associated database
project. I, too, am very interested in web-based data integration, data
mining, data sharing, knowledge discovery, and automated annotation for
the high throughput mRNA and protein expression data sets we are
producing at PNNL. I have been following the growth of the Semantic Web,
am excited about it, and would like to participate. I have many years of
database experience (relational, pure XML, and object-oriented), and
some experience in standards development, having been involved in the
development of microarray data standards as secretary of the Microarray
Gene Expression Data Society. And I've had some discussions here at PNNL
with Dr. Jim Myers on how we can use the Semantic Web and Semantic Grid
concepts for the terabytes of biological data we will be generating. Jim
recently left us to join NCSA in Urbana as associate director for
integrated cyberservices. He'd be interested in this. (Hey Jim, are you
already listening?)

 Ron

  Ronald Taylor, Ph.D.
  Senior Research Scientist II
  Computational Biology & Bioinformatics Group
  Computational Sciences & Mathematics Division
  Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (US Dept of Energy)
  PO Box 999, MS K7-90
  Richland, WA 99352
  Tel (509) 372-6568
  Fax (509) 372-4720