Iintroductions: John Rumble

From: John Rumble <jumbleusa@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2005 18:45:43 -0500
To: <public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>

My name is John Rumble, and I am Technical Director of Information
International associates, Inc., a small IT company located in Oak Ridge TN.
Until May 2004, I was at the National Institute of Standards and Technology,
for many years Chief of their Standard Reference Data Program. I have worked
in the area of scientific and technical (S&T) databases for 30 years, though
my Ph.D. is in chemical physics. I am also the Past-President of CODATA, the
ICSU Committee on Data for Science and Technology.

I have worked on, led national and international committees concerned with,
and written extensively about S&T data standards and the processes for
developing them, including areas such as materials, chemistry, manufacturing
data and bioinformatics. I primarily will be just listening, observing and

John Rumble
Technical Director
Information International Associates
Oak Ridge TN