Re: [BioPAX-discuss] LSID Best practices...

From: Eric Jain <Eric.Jain@isb-sib.ch>
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 16:23:26 +0200
To: Gary Bader <bader@cbio.mskcc.org>
CC: public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org

Gary Bader wrote:
> Is there any standard way of resolving LSIDs that are
> used in this way?

If you are asking how to actually retrieve the data for an LSID, from the
resolution service point of view, then no, I don't think there is any
standard way. This is probably one of reasons some people favor the use of
URLs as identifiers. I wouldn't go so far, but this is a problem, as this
means that your software needs to be "life-science-aware".