Re: [BioPAX-discuss] LSID Best practices...

Thanks Eric.  Do you know how this fits into the LSID and semantic web
infrastructure?  Is there any standard way of resolving LSIDs that are
used in this way?  It would seem that they can be used as RDF IDs, but
that they would not be treated specially compared to any other RDF ID
and could be mixed with other RDF IDs, which might have different
resolution mechanisms.  I guess one major advantage of using them this
way is that LSIDs have a naming scheme that conforms with semantic web
ideals i.e. remains stable except when data changes.  Would it be
better to treat LSIDs similarly to other database identifiers, as data
in a class property, and build software to use it specifically (e.g.
resolve, browse)?  Or would it be better to have software that detects
if an RDF ID is an LSID and adds appropriate LSID features?

Thanks,
Gary