Re: GO.owl

From: Eric Jain <ejain@isb-sib.ch>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 10:06:55 +0200 (CEST)
To: "Michal Galdzicki" <mgaldzic@gmail.com>
Cc: public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org

> I'm working on a protein knowledgebase project and I am attempting to
> use the gene ontology.

Note that GO is already distributed in RDF format. Unfortunately they
represent subclass relationships with custom properties ('is_a') rather
than rdfs:subClassOf, among other things. An 'improved' version is
available at:

The 'Term' class itself is described in:

A detailed comparison between the original and the 'improved' version:

Hope this helps.