GO.owl

From: Michal Galdzicki <mgaldzic@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 18:27:34 -0400
To: public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org

I'm working on a protein knowledgebase project and I am attempting to
use the gene ontology.  in 2003 Eric Neumann mentioned a
GO.owl(http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-semweb-lifesci/2003Nov/0006.html),
on this list. Does anyone have a copy of this ontology in OWL that he/
she could share?  (partial is good too)
Others (ie Henning Hermjakob) have suggested I use one of the
translation tools to take GO flats and express them in owl/rdf, the
result was a document that only had a tree of classes, not useful for
instance creation, from what I can tell.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but
I need datatypes within the ontology to generate instances.

Thank you for your help,
Michal