Re: F2F agenda (29-30 Oct 2015)

Hi Mounir, Anton,

> On 15 Oct 2015, at 13:42, Kostiainen, Anssi <anssi.kostiainen@intel.com> wrote:

>>> If we leave this topic as the last one on Day 1 (as scheduled now), it'll
>>> be ~3 PM JST so 6 AM GMT your time -- not a perfect fit for you I guess.
>>>
>>> Would 9 AM JST which is 12 AM GMT (midnight) your time be better? We
>>> could move the issue #13 as the first topic on Day 2 morning if that
>>> works better for you Mounir and Anton? Please let me know.
>>
>> I don't think I would join at 6am. I would consider joining at midnight.
>
> I moved #13 to Day 2 morning, so it's now midnight GMT on Thu your time. Hope this works better, see [1].

Correction: #13 will be discussed 11pm GMT on Thu. This is why:

[[

The confusing period that occurs twice a year is coming up.

Most European clocks shift back 1 hr on Sunday 25 October 2015.
Most of the US clocks shift back 1 hr a week later, Sunday 1 November 2015.
China and Japan do not observe DST.

 http://www.timeanddate.com/time/dst/2015b.html

Between October 25 and November 1 (while a lot of us are in Sapporo for TPAC 2015), the time difference between US and Europe will be 1 hour less than it currently is. This means that for that week the teleconferences that are scheduled according to the US clock will start *one hour earlier* in local time for most Europeans.

For Europeans who are participating remotely from your local timezone for a meeting in Sapporo, the time difference to Japan will be one hour greater however the meeting time in Japan is later than your local time so your remote participation will also start one hour earlier than you would have expected if you looked at the clock before the 25th.

]]

Thanks,

-Anssi