Re: CfC: publish First Public Working Draft of the Presentation API (deadline 12 Feb)

Hi All,

> On 02 Feb 2015, at 10:45, Kostiainen, Anssi <anssi.kostiainen@intel.com> wrote:

[...]

> The CfC ends 12 February 2015. If more time is needed for the review, please inform me.

> Please note that a First Public Working Draft is what the name suggests -- a first draft. That is, a FPWD does not need to be perfect and subsequent change is to be expected. By publishing a FPWD the specification will get further review and visibility.
>
> Please also note that publication as a First Public Working Draft triggers a Call for Exclusions, per section 4 of the W3C Patent Policy [4].

To address MarkFo's [5] and MarkW's [6] concerns, the spec has been updated to clearly annotate open issues, linking to the GitHub issues which is the canonical source for spec issues going forward. Thanks MarkFo for cross-linking the GitHub issues in the spec, and making sure the issue tracker is in sync with the spec.

I've prepared a First Public Working Draft (FPWD) snapshot, in staging at [7].

HTML diff of changes done during the CfC to address the concerns raised [5][6] is at [8].

Assuming the CfC ends without concerns, we will publish the FPWD ~within a week from the CfC end date.

All - please review the FPWD in staging [7], and let us know if you have any concerns by 12 February 2015.

[If you are making changes to the Overview.src.html, you can update the releases/FPWD.html snapshot in staging by "make fpwd". To update the Editor's Draft do "make" as usual.]

Thanks,

-Anssi (WG chair)

[5] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-secondscreen/2015Feb/0017.html
[6] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-secondscreen/2015Feb/0018.html
[7] http://w3c.github.io/presentation-api/releases/FPWD.html
[8] http://services.w3.org/htmldiff?doc1=http%3A%2F%2Frawgit.com%2Fw3c%2Fpresentation-api%2Fc083cd3e1f0403a6882d53d57cbc65b1dfcbdf55%2Findex.html&doc2=http%3A%2F%2Fw3c.github.io%2Fpresentation-api%2Freleases%2FFPWD.html