Re: Bug triage: heads up

Hi Mounir, Anton, All,

> On 18 Aug 2015, at 18:14, Mounir Lamouri <mounir@lamouri.fr> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> Anton and I did a triage of the bugs currently opened in the GH issue
> tracker. For each bug, we decided whether it felt into one of these
> categories:
> - To close (already fixed or not really relevant/no need to track)
> - Pri-1: major issue that need to be resolved sooner than later, usually
> blockers for implementations
> - Pri-2: minor issues that should be looked at at some point
> - Pri-3: editorial issues or feature requests, nothing really blocking

Thanks you for your hard work of triaging the bugs. I updated the group's Work Mode re priorities:

https://www.w3.org/wiki/Second_Screen/Work_Mode#Priorities

All - please review the suggestions by Mounir and Anton and respond if you spot issues [sic].

Below are my comments on the bugs to close with my chair hat off:

> This is our result:
> #9: To close, was solved

OK.

> #10: To close, part of the privacy consideration

OK. PING review results may provide further input, but can re-open if needed.

> #13: To close, create another spec

OK.

> #14: Pri-2
> #18: Pri-2, but we have a resolution
> #19: To close, seems to have been solved

OK.

> #20: To close, not an issue

OK. Again, PING was asked for feedback.

> #21: Pri-3
> #26: To close, solved

OK.

> #32: Pri-3, feature request
> #35: Pri-1, recent discussions
> #40: Pri-3, feature request
> #45: no change (Pri-2)
> #61: Pri-3, feature request
> #67: To close, discovering should be enough + UA implementation (or
> Pri-3)

Suggest we keep this open with Pri-3 since there are volunteers investigating this issue.

> #68: To close, unless action items missing

Seems OK to close since the UCs and Reqs doc looks good to me. The group will continue to maintain that doc as the API evolved but no need to track that in an issue.

> #79: Pri-2, maybe use sandbox?
> #80: Pri-2
> #86: Pri-2
> #91: Pri-1
> #92: Pri-2, Mozilla is owning it
> #93: Pri-2, names and definitions only
> #97: Duplicate of #40

Agreed, can reference #97 in #40 and close.

> #99: Pri-1
> #112: Pri-3, editorial
> #148: Pri-3, mostly editorial
> #149: Pri-1, missing feature
> #150: To close

OK. Although should keep the Fullscreen API on the back of our minds. Perhaps a note in the spec in an appropriate place?

> #152: Pri-1
> #153: nothing to change (Pri-1)
> #154: Pri-3, editorial
>
> I am going to apply these changes to the bugs tomorrow. If you disagree
> with something, feel free to point it now. Otherwise, the bugs can
> always be re-opened and their priority changed.

We can and should re-open closed issues later on if participants do not have time to review these by today (I believe many are still on vacation in EU). In particular, I'd like to make sure MarkFo reviews these changes when he's back in the office.

Mounir, Anton - some of these issues suggested to be closed are reference from the spec. Please submit a PR to sync the spec when you update the issues.

Thanks,

-Anssi