Re: BP doc is ready for publication

Hi Jeremy,

Le 28/03/2017 à 15:14, Jeremy Tandy a écrit :
> Phil, François,
>
> the BP document is now ready for you to take it on for publication ...

The document is on its way to being published tomorrow.

> We editors have done the following:
[...]
>   * W3C PubRules check [https://www.w3.org/pubrules/]: 2 errors reported
>     (“Status of This Document” and “W3C Process boilerplate”); manual
>     verification indicates that the necessary rules _are_ being followed …

As said on the phone, this message probably means you entered the
address of the Editor's Draft directly in the pubrules checker.

The pubrules checker is dumb and merely checks the bytes it receives
without letting ReSpec run first. To get practical results, you need:

1. to tell ReSpec that you want it to produce a WG Note:
https://w3c.github.io/sdw/bp?specStatus=WG-NOTE;shortName=sdw-bp

2. to give that URL to another tool called "spec generator":
https://labs.w3.org/spec-generator/?type=respec&url=https://w3c.github.io/sdw/bp?specStatus=WG-NOTE;shortName=sdw-bp

3. to input that last URL within the PubRules checker, leading to the yummy:
https://www.w3.org/pubrules/?url=https%3A%2F%2Flabs.w3.org%2Fspec-generator%2F%3Ftype%3Drespec%26url%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Fw3c.github.io%2Fsdw%2Fbp%3FspecStatus%3DWG-NOTE%3BshortName%3Dsdw-bp&profile=WG-NOTE&validation=simple-validation&noRecTrack=true&informativeOnly=true&echidnaReady=false&patentPolicy=pp2004

You'll note that Pubrules still reports errors. They are false positives
(either due to the spec being a joint W3C/OGC spec or to known bugs in
the PubRules checker), except the following ones which are real errors:

- "The viewport meta tag is required", I prepared a PR to fix that:
  https://github.com/w3c/sdw/pull/647
- "Element “sameas” not allowed as child of element “span” in this
context": that seems to be a bug in ReSpec which unescapes a "<" when
it generates the title of the example on the <sameas> service. I fixed
that manually in the document to be published and filed an issue against
ReSpec:
  https://github.com/w3c/respec/issues/1173

Thanks,
Francois.