Re: State of SSN: comment on namespaces and urls

Once we accept  that inclusion in a file or document is one of the few means we have to indicate ontology membership for axioms, then a page at a URL is one way to give that document more stability and authority. Using the namespace of an RDF vocabulary as a URL to reference that vocabulary is one approach, though that assigns meaning to the namespace that it doesn’t originally possess. It would be clearer to use the IRI / URL of an RDF dataset / named graph containing that vocabulary. Established practices, of course, don’t need to make sense, so we should probably take both measures (dataset and namespace) just to be accommodating and helpful.

—Josh