Re: State of SSN: comment on namespaces and urls

Hi Kerry,

Le 01/02/2017 à 03:11, Kerry Taylor a écrit :
[...]
> I believe the W3C often has no ontology sitting at a namespace uri, but
> instead a list of entities in the namespace and some documentation. Can
> Francois comment?

I'm not sure what you call "a list of entities in the namespace and some
documentation". In the linked data era we're now in, people expect to be
able to dereference namespace uris and get meaningful information,
meaning an HTML page for humans, some RDF serialization for machines.

That was not the case some years ago, but I think we typically publish
ontology files at namespace uris nowadays, possibly using content
negotiation so that people may see an HTML page, a Turtle serialization
of the ontology, etc. depending on the Accept HTTP header. That is the
case for the RDF, RDF Schema, OWL, Prov namespace URIs for instance.

Francois.