From: Catherine Roussey <catherine.roussey@irstea.fr>
Date: Wednesday, 10 May 2017 at 8:25 pm
To: "public-sdw-comments@w3.org" <public-sdw-comments@w3.org>
Subject: Re: Comment on the SOSA ontology

Dear all

I am some remark about the sosa example

https://github.com/w3c/sdw/blob/gh-pages/ssn/rdf/documentation_examples/sosa-core_examples.ttl

In the ssn ontology it was  clear what is a FeatureOfInterest (wind) and a Property of a FeatureOfInterest ( wind direction).
This distinction is no so easy to understand at the first reading. That why the design patern SSO is so important.
But I like very much this distinction. A temperature sensor may measure different think depending of its location (the soil, the outdoor air, the indoor air)

About the sosa example of room temperature
for me the FeatureOfInterest is a room (or buiding or indoor air), identified by one sample (a specific room 4830EH_UCSB)
and the property is the temperature (room temperature ).
In the example I think it is not so clear because I can not see where is defined  the property (temperature) .

the result of observation has no unit.
sosa-core:hasValue "23.8"^^xsd:double ;
there exist different unit about temperature celsius or degree.
Where can we find the unit of the temperature value?

Best regards
Catherine

--

Catherine ROUSSEY

Irstea Clermont Ferrand

Campus des Cézeaux

9 avenue Blaise Pascal

CS 200 85

63178 Aubière

tel: 33 (0)4 73 44 06 88

"Imprefection si beauty, madness is genious and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than aboslutely boring" Maryline Monroe