Re: Comment on the SOSA ontology

Thanks for the information

I have found how to define the unit thanks to your QUDT example.

I still find strange the way you use feature of interets and property.

It seems as far as I understand that the property belong to the instance
of the feature of interest and are not generic.

in the appartement example electrical consumption may be apply to
different type of feature of interest so I found the URI of the property
quite strange.

Why in the URI of property there is an indication of the instance
appartment/134/ electricalconsumption or tree/124#height

I was expecting that at the end there will exist some repositoryof
instance per domain that list all the possible feature of interest and
property. The sample will help to identify exactly how the property of
the feature of interest is measured.

for example in the agriculture domain, I would expect that we define a
repository  per agriculture domain :

soil temperature and humidity at 3 meter or 6 meter depth (whatever the
plot is): feature of interest (soil at 3 meter depth) property (temperature)

air temperature and humidity at 2 meter  height (wherever we are):
featureof interest (outdoor air  around 2 meter height) property
(temperature)

air temperature and humidity of a breeding building...(for any breeding
building): feature of interest (indoor air) property (temperature)

The repository is generic so the sample will help to identify where the
sensor are located and what is measured exactly.

But as far as I understand your example

you will imagine that we will change the repository of instances to be
more precise. A repository per specific farm.

. The property is linked to the instance of feature of interest.

  temperature and humidity at 3 meter or 6 meter depth of the plot soil
located at .... (how  can we access the measure with a query about soil
temperature at 3 meter depth?)

So at the moment I do not see how feature of interest, property and
sample can play together.

I miss something.

<https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/actions/349%29>

Best Regards <https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/actions/349%29>