Re: adding hypermedia to spatial data best practices

Hi Erik,

> to me the value proposition would be to explain to people that you can
> be properly webby without having to subscribe to one specific
> metamodel world. many people *want* to be webby (and are looking for
> guidance), and not all of them want to use RDF. that's just the
> reality out there.

Sure, I absolutely agree. But webby does not equal Linked Data. There
are many ways to be webby.

> that's a tautology. there are vast amounts of linked data (small caps,
> generic term) out there. just ask the library community, for example,
> or many many others that have designed and used decentralized
> networked data. but if you refuse to call those Linked Data (specific
> term, RDF only), then of course it doesn't exist.

It's not a tautology; see the W3C email thread I pointed to.

> i don't think best practices should prescribe technologies.

I see where you are going with this, but IMHO this is a too strong
statement.

Best,
Krzysztof

--
Krzysztof Janowicz

4830 Ellison Hall, Santa Barbara, CA 93106-4060

Email: jano@geog.ucsb.edu
Webpage: http://geog.ucsb.edu/~jano/