Re: Cancelable promises

The discussion on that github issue surrounding promise subclassing makes
my head spin, especially when it comes to working out how cancelation is
supposed to flow through a graph of promise dependencies.  We should be
wary of adding complexity to the core.

The simple way to view the situation is to say that promises are simply
transparent containers for asynchronous values. Control capabilities should
therefore be represented by a separate abstraction. This will help keep
complexity at the edges.

Has any library experimented with the cancelation token approach yet?